# Create a MongoDB Backup
With SimpleBackups, you can backup MongoDB database to any cloud storage provider.
What you'll need
- A SimpleBackups account
- Make sure you have your server connected to your account (the one on which your MongoDB database is hosted)
# Let's get started
Head to the create backup page (opens new window).
# What would you like to back up? (A)
- Select "Database" (as we'll be creating a MongoDB backup)
- Select the server on which your database is hosted
# How often should we make this backup? (B)
Select your schedule option (here we picked a daily schedule)
You can select a pre-defined schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) or a custom option allowing you to schedule it whenever you want to use CRON syntax.
Example of CRON schedule for "20:00 every Tuesday" =
0 22 * * 2
Finally, the "On demand" option won't schedule anything but will allow you to trigger the backup manually or using our API.
Define the backup retention, (opens new window) which is the number of backups you want to keep (kind of the history length of your backup if you prefer)
# Choose the database you need to back up (C)
- Select the type of your database, in this case "MongoDB"
- Fill in the database connection form. Note: In order to back up all databases of your server at once, you'd need a paid plan
# Finalize and create
Pick the name of your backup (this is how it will be displayed in SimpleBackups interface) and where you want to store it.
Select your storage (step 3)
That's it, your MongoDB backup is now ready. Run it once manually (using the "Run" backup button from the backups list), you'll trigger your first backup!