- Create a SimpleBackups account
- Have an UpCloud account (I'll show you how to create your UpCloud Bucket below)
1. Create your UpCloud Bucket
Sign in your UpCloud account at https://hub.upcloud.com/
Go to https://hub.upcloud.com/object-storage/new or navigate to "Object Storage" and click on "New Object Storage"
Select the location for your storage (think about GDPR rules, if you're an EU company)
Make sure to keep "Public network access" option enabled
Name your storage
Select "Yes, create a bucket now" and finally give your bucket a name
Good job, your UpCloud bucket is created!
Information you'll need in step 2:
- Your Bucket name, in this example "bucket-sbio"
- Your Bucket region, in this example "nl-ams1"
- Your Bucket endpoint, in this example "my-sbio-storage.nl-ams1.upcloudobjects.com"
- Your Bucket access key
- Your Bucket secret key
2. Connect your UpCloud bucket to SimpleBackups
- Go to the connect your storage page
- Select "UpCloud" as storage provider and fill in the "Connect your storage" form with the information from step 1.
You'll have to input :
- Key: Access Key described in step 1
- Secret: Secret Key described in step 1
- Region: Bucket location described in step 1
- Bucket: Bucket name described in step 1
- Endpoint: Storage endpoint described in step 1, make sure not to include the bucket name but only the storage (as described in the helper).
- Give your storage a name (usually we like to use the Bucket name) and click on "Save new storage".
Congratulations, you have now connected your UpCloud storage!